“Melissa developed a tailored approach—focused on time management, leadership and delegation—that was specific to my goals and helped me identify areas of improvement that I hadn’t considered. As a result, I moved up fairly quickly and met my goal of being promoted to partner during the year we worked together.”
—Kody Wilson, Partner, GGFL Chartered Professional Accountants
EXECUTIVE, LEADERSHIP, AND BUSINESS COACHING
I specialize in executive and leadership coaching (sometimes called career or business coaching) for:
- Professionals looking for leadership development
- Consultants and entrepreneurs in search or growth or a sounding board
- Business owners or leaders seeking to grow their organizations
- Self-driven employees at any level looking to make an impact
- People working for positive change or the greater social good
The ideal candidates for coaching with me see the value in it, and are not only open to change, but prepared to make a long-term commitment to it. If that’s you so far, ask yourself: What difference do you want to make? My goal is to serve as the catalyst for your transformation—to help you uncover your aspirations and give you the tools to reach your highest potential.
I can help you:
- Tap into your potential as a leader
- Gain focus and clarity—and stay focused
- Develop stronger relationships in your organization and networks
- Achieve more by doing less
- Make conscious choices to manage your time effectively
Add EQ to your leadership toolbox
I also coach executives who aspire to communicate more clearly and deepen their emotional intelligence. You can expect stronger working relationships, growth in leadership competencies and a deeper understanding of your potential.
I am known for my direct style and for asking powerful questions to achieve clarity, learning, action and results. I will ignite your curiosity, challenge you to discover other perspectives, and push you to overcome limiting behaviours and beliefs. My clients appreciate the way I combine playfulness and emotional intelligence with purpose, motivation and results.
My areas of focus and particular skills include: influence without authority, leading through change and ambiguity, evolving from a directive/telling style to truly enabling others, and positioning people with high potential to achieve their aspirations.
SAMPLE COACHING PACKAGES
- Discovery Session. Leadership starts with clarity on who you are, where you are and where you want to be.
- Defining Your Sweet Spot. Your Sweet Spot is the intersection of your inherent strengths, your personal values and your organization’s values, your purpose, and your career and lifestyle aspirations.
- Realizing Your Vision. If you have a clear picture of your direction, create a plan and put it into action.
- Your Best Interview. Make sure you deliver a topnotch performance!
Assessments can give you the information and awareness you need to be a more effective leader, perform better in your job and plan your career. Each assessment includes a coaching debrief and strategy session. Available assessments include:
- The Birkman Method® Self-Analysis Tool. Discover what you need to operate at your best and how to minimize stress behaviours.
- Leadership Effectiveness LEA360. Understand your leadership patterns and their repercussions in 26 focus areas.
- Leadership Circle 360. Explore the assumptions, habits and thought patterns that drive your behaviours and explores who you are as a leader.
- VOICES®. Propel your leadership effectiveness and performance through a 360 process to gain insight into your strengths, blind spots, emotional intelligence and potential career stallers.
- Hogan Development Series. Be the best leader you can by understanding your strengths, learning to recognize motivators and derailers, and fine-tuning your corporate culture fit.
ABOUT COACHING WITH MELISSA
Melissa is an accomplished and results-focused coach who enables individuals and organizations to activate their full potential. Leveraging her two decades of corporate and consulting experience, she now coaches and mentors leaders and emerging leaders across all sectors and across all levels. Melissa has a clear and direct style, and she combines a sense of playfulness with a determination to bring forth your truth, purpose, and motivation. She unwaveringly commits to your best vision of what’s possible, and helps you take practical actions to achieve it.